The period of pregnancy is one of the most beautiful and empowering phases in a woman’s life. To be able to nurture a soul inside one’s body and bring life to that soul is a challenging yet rewarding task. When a woman is pregnant, she goes through multiple changes in the body, ranging from physical, psychological, emotional as well as hormonal. From intense mood swings to different kinds of food cravings, carrying a baby is not easy. The nutrient requirement of a pregnant mother also increases to assure the good health of herself and her child. Therefore, while going through pregnancy, it is essential to consume the right kind of nutrition to deliver a healthy and happy baby. Since A2 milk is a whole food, it has several essential prenatal vitamins needed during pregnancy.
How is A2 milk different from regular milk?
A2 milk is obtained from desi Indian cows such as Gir, Sahiwal, Hallikar, etc. 80% of milk protein – casein, is present in Beta-casein form in A2 milk. This makes A2 milk incredibly nutritious and easy to digest. Even people suffering from lactose intolerance find it easier to consume and digest A2 milk.
Therefore, it is always advisable to buy Gir cow milk instead of regular A1 milk.
Why should a pregnant woman consume A2 milk?
There are countless reasons why A2 milk is beneficial for pregnant women and why they should only buy Gir cow milk. Some of those reasons are as follows:
- To maintain the endometrium and the neural tube in the foetus, the food consumed needs to be rich in folic acid, which is exactly the case with A2 milk.
- A2 milk is truly a powerhouse of protein. This helps in tissue formation of the foetus, regulates the blood flow, develops antibodies, strengthens the uterus and aids in developing the blood cells.
- A pregnant woman needs to consume 1000-1300 mg of calcium every day. A2 milk is always brimming with calcium and magnesium. This also helps in fatigue reduction and healthy delivery.
- An iron deficiency could lead to anaemia in the mother. She also tends to experience a lot of blood loss during delivery, and consuming iron in the meals could help in regulating the blood loss. Therefore, pregnant women should consume one glass of A2 milk to fulfil the iron requirement.
- The multiple vitamins that A2 milk is enriched with also play an important role in building the health of pregnant women. Vitamin B helps in sustaining energy levels, and Vitamin D helps in maintaining the immune system.